Thursday, February 14, 2013

Meet Audrey

I recently took a "She-Art" self paced workshop by Christy Tomlinson.  She really helped me understand layering which is something I have struggled with in all areas of crafting. 

A friend asked if I could make a canvas for her daughter.  She gave me a wonderful quote from Audrey Hepburn and provided the color palette.  After that she let me do whatever I wanted.  

I started with some lovely rose tissue paper that had been used to wrapped an RAK I won a while back (thanks, Debi)-I'm sure you understand that almost compulsive need to keep everything for some project not yet thought of :-) 

After I added some of that beautiful tissue paper onto the canvas  I began painting and stamping, which is oh so much fun!  And then I added some rub-ons I won from a Soul Scrap Quest Challenge over at Soul Scrappers (thanks, Shazza).  Again, oh so much fun!  And here she is...Audrey. 

Thanks for stopping by and letting me share my crafting journey with you...Happy Craftin'!

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love the colors (I am partial to pinks) and all the amazing layering! Wow- this is something I struggle with- I am sometimes too attached to the papers I initially pick out so I don't want to cover them...I am going to try that with your challenge though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and look how perfect the lace tape worked here too. Great Job,Joy!!!! Awesome background...you made it all come together wonderfully :-)

    ReplyDelete