Monday, September 17, 2012

Gypsy Art Journal Workshop

As some of you know I've started dabbling in art journaling.  Mostly digital with a couple of tries at a physical page.  Well, Tangie Baxter has a mixed media workshop titled "The Gypsy Diaries" that intrigued me.  How can you not be intrigued by a workshop that has the word gypsy?  After reviewing the class materials I decide to try my hand at doing an altered book art journal. 
And here is the first set of pages.  I really need to figure out how to photograph these pages so that you can see the true colors.  The page has a very dark background that made me think of nightime and inspired me to find the quote "and the night shall be filled with music, and the cares that infest the day shall fold their tents.....and silently steal away." by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. 
 
I used acrylic paints, black gesso and some images that were included in the workshop materials.  I have some fibers that I want to try and incorporate in the diary somehow, I just think there needs to be textures in a Gypsy Diary, don't you?
 
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a chance to create today :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment