Friday, July 20, 2012

My Guest Blogger Project

Here's the post I did over at Stamping in Columbus...enjoy.

I know none of us hoard our paper scraps, do we? Ha ha. Okay, I admit it, I can't seem to throw away any scraps, but what's a crafter to do with all those little bits? I've recently started doing Artist Trading Cards (ATCs). These are 2.5"x3.5" cards that you can swap with other crafters or use in other projects. These are a perfect venue for using up bits and pieces.

For my project I took a scrap of the natural white paper and using the water color pencils created a background.

I crumpled it up and then accented the creases with Whisper White Craft ink. Next up I punched various size circles from scraps. I then crumpled them up before layering them to create a couple of flowers. Hmmm, what to do next? Yep, grab some more scraps and this time run them through the Beautiful Wings Sizzlit then layer. Now I have a cute ATC that I can use for a swap if I want. Or....


I could use it for a card. I wanted to keep the scene as the focus, so I just layered, and layered, and layered card stock (and created lots more scraps in the process!) until I was happy and then added a sentiment, a couple of silver brads and called it done.

Until next time...Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment