Wednesday, March 14, 2012

When You Change Up Your Journaling

Souls Scrappers had this interesting sketch challenge-design by Karen Findlay.  When I saw the line of punched shapes I thought of a tree branch which led me to scrap about Scott's terrarium.

At first I journaled the who, what, where:
Scott's new hobby is making terrariums.  He collected materials from our yard and the lake front.  When he was done he showed Jacob. Scott plans to create several more terrariums this spring.  We will have our own Father Nature in residence.
Digi Elements:
Natural History Museum Collab
by Dawn Inskip, MLE Card

Then I paused and thought about why I took those pictures.  I took those pictures because I loved seeing Scott and Jacob spending time together. Scott sharing what he was doing and Jacob paying attention (that's asking a lot of a teenager!)

So I changed the journaling to read:
Scott and Jacob sharing some time together.  Scott showed Jacob his latest passion: Terrariums.  It was wonderful seeing them spend time together. We all look forward to seeing what grows from this project.





Changing the journaling made the LO more meaningful, more personal.  I'm glad I did it.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a Happy Craft Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment