Sunday, December 18, 2011

From Digital LO to Christmas Card

I wanted to share what we did for this year's family Christmas card.  I've had a lot of trouble with my hands this year making it difficult to cut, punch etc. which is why I've done so many digital LOs.  Gotta scrap no matter what!  I knew I wouldn't be able to do handmade cards this year and I was very disappointed.  For me, making handmade cards helps me connect with the joy of the season. 

I had made a Christmas LO for a challenge over at Soul Scrappers.  I really liked the page and decided to see if I could incorporate it into a card.  I changed the journaling to a Christmas message and added our names.  I also added a partial overlay to help frame the image.  I then re-sized the image so I could fit 6 to a page for printing.

I matted the image to some green cardstock and popped the image up with some dimensionals.  The white cardstock background was scored to add a touch of elegance and then I gilded the green flat card using a gold paint pen and voila!  I got to make handmade Christmas cards this year :-)

As the card reads, "May the Wonderful Peace of Christ be yours at Christmas and Always."

Merry Christmas and I'll see you next year!  Happy Scrappin!

No comments:

Post a Comment