Sunday, October 9, 2011

Favorite Book ATC Swap

Over at one of my favorite places, Soul Scrappers, they had an ATC Swap based on your favorite book. I decided on the series "The Chronicles of Narnia" by CS Lewis. I wanted to make my ATC look like an old book. I saw Claudine Hellmuth show how to transfer a copied image on to metal and thought I'd try the technique on paper.

First you print/copy your image onto regular copy paper, in this case thinner is better. Use a gel medium to glue it on your base and let dry. This is the most important part. It must dry completely, so put it away and forget about it for a day. When it's dry, spray it with water (I know that sounds a bit silly, but just do it). Then gently begin rubbing the wet paper. The paper fibers will start to breakdown and come off, but the image remains.

For my ATC I gave the image an aged look by rubbing harder in some areas. I then gilded the edges with gold embossing powder and added a thin strip of stamped cardstock for the binding.

It was fun trying a new technique and I was very happy with the result.

Thanks for stopping by and happy scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment