Monday, August 1, 2011

Me and My Gesso


I started an Art Journal a few weeks back. I liked the idea of using my craft supplies to create a visual diary. I discovered during my page prep that I am addicted to gesso! I may have overworked my first couple of pages, I couldn't help myself, it was so much fun. At one point I imagined I was like Tom Sawyer whitewashing a fence...lol. Of course, if I wanted to get any journaling done I had to stop gessoing and start writing.

I used some images from Catrine of Catscrap's "Day at the Park" digi kit as a base for my page and then me and my gesso (sounds like a song...me and my gesso, painting wherever we go...lol) played. Although I'm not entirely happy with the page the cool thing was that I did it. I got out my supplies and enjoyed myself.

I hope you have a chance to do the same! Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment