Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Blurry Photos Can Be Scrapped and Not Forgotten

We all have them, those pictures that would have been perfect if the subject hadn't moved just then, or the lighting had been better. Those pictures that can't be salvaged in a photo editing program ususally end up alone, gathering dust in a photo box if already printed, unloved and unwanted. Or even worse, if it's a digital photo, it doesn't get marked with a star in the photo organizing software. It's doomed to never be pulled when a photo search for favorites is done. Well, blurry photos have rights too.

We took my son to see STYX. It was his first rock concert so you know I was a shutterbug! Almost all of the photos were blurry. Apparently indoor stadiums with laser light shows and spotlights aren't conducive to great pictures, at least not for me and my simple point & shoot digi camera. If I wanted to scrap the event with pictures then I was going to have to embrace the blurry photos. So I did. And you know what? It worked great. I enlarged some of them, distorting them even more. I played with colorwashes on others. The end result was a fun storybook we can all enjoy.

Thanks as always for stopping by. Happy Scrapping!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I bet that was fun, I just love the STYX.I remember them when I was in my teenage years, I still listen , bring back lots of memories.

    ReplyDelete